Experience Big Bear Lake! A four-season alpine destination in the heart of the San Bernardino National Forest, California. The City of Big Bear Lake sits at an elevation of about 7,000 feet. The alpine lake is 7 miles long and has 22 miles of shoreline. In summer, temperatures average 78 degrees during the day and drop to around 45 degrees afterdark, with over 300 days of sunshine every year. Late summer is an awesome time to explore this unique mountain resort community!
Big Bear Lake is a man-made lake that dates back to 1885. The original rock dam was replaced by a multi-arch dam in 1912, which increased the holding capacity by 2 ½ times. Featuring six marinas, visitors enjoy boating, fishing, parasailing, wake sports and more during spring, summer and autumn.
Big Bear Lake (L35) N34° 15'50" W116° 51' 13.19" | Elevation: 6,752 ft MSL
- Play nine at Bear Mountain Golf Course
- Charter a fishing captain for rainbow trout fishing
- Drive a jeep on an off-road tour
- Mountain Bike through the National Forest
- Shop and dine in The Village
- Zipline through the trees or take a Segway tour