The Glenwood Springs Airport (GWS
) will be hosting the CPA on Friday/Saturday June 7 and 8th.
They will help with ground transportation and provide airport camping for 6 or 7 airplanes.
For those who would rather stay in a motel we have blocked 10 rooms (2 queen beds) at the Hotel Glenwood Springs
. The rate is $160.00 for Saturday night. Reservations must be made before May 8th. Call them at 1-888-411-8188
After a day of adventure, we will meet at the airport for BYOB Happy Hour (starts around 4:30 p.m.).
Please bring some light snacks to share. Dinner will be catered at the airport starting around 6:15 p.m. Amy Helm, Airport Manager, has arranged for some musical entertainment during dinner.
Sunday morning, we have been invited to fly over to North Fork Valley (7V2
- 43NM from GWS) for breakfast at the airport. The pilots’ group at 7V2 would like to meet us and will cook us breakfast. It’s a short hop and everyone should be able to meet, chat, eat and get home before the air gets bumpy.
Questions? Walt Bell email@example.com or 303-886-4575.
Here are some websites that will help you decide how to spend your day in Glenwood.
Hotel Glenwood Springs - thehotelglenwoodsprings.com
- Lodging if you aren't going to be camping.
Glenwood Adventure Company - https://glenwoodadventure.com/
Glenwood Adventure Company offers the following services:
- Whitewater Rafting
- Bike Rental
- ATV Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Segway Rentals
- Offroad Adventures
Use the promo code will be CPAFLY for a 10% discount here.
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park - https://www.glenwoodcaverns.com
- tour the caves of Glenwood (this is a really great activity)
- ride the Glenwood Canyon Flyer
- or swing out over the canyon in the Giant Canyon Swing
- experience the Soaring Eagle Zip ride
Glenwood tourism site - https://www.visitglenwood.com/
- if you couldn't find something to do on the items above, check out the tourism site for other ideas.
Each of you can make your own plans/reservations, and we will help with transportation. We will be doing an Uber-style pickup. Just give us a call from anywhere around town and we will pick you up. Glenwood Adventures will provide transportation for rafting. Logan at Glenwood Adventures says the rafting (due to the snowpack) will be out of site. He has also offered a 10% discount on all the activities his company provides.
Registration & Cost:
Please download and remit this registration
to Walt Bell 8592 E. Grand Ave, Denver, 80237 by May 8th
. Please include a check for $35.00/ person to cover dinner and transportation. Airport manager, Amy Helms, needs a count of airplanes so parking can be provided. If you are not comfortable landing at GWS, we have made arrangements for you to use Rifle Airport
. Call Walt Bell for details.