What’s not to love about a town named Thermopolis!
It’s past meets future – Sci-Fi and ancient Greece combined! Be the envy of your family, friends and neighbors or – just be cool and join us May 18!
This trip will be good for your bones! You will have opportunities to; Soak your bones, Dig for bones and Fish for bones.
Let’s get down to the bare bones about this amazing trip.
• Dig for Bones Visit Museums
, explore fossil digs
, see and learn about the dinosaurs that roamed the earth long before we did.
• Soak your Bones
Enjoy the hot springs
around Thermopolis. They are natural and have been a source to help people relax and feel rejuvenated.
• Fish for bones World class rivers await you to challenge your skills & abilities
– take this option of tempting your luck to ensure you have something to brag about during our gatherings, other than your alleged aviation skills
Arrival & lunch: Saturday May 18: Between 9:00 & 9:30 a.m. at Hot Springs County Airport
), 292 miles from KFTG. Then we’ll proceed via ground transportation to a designated area to check in/unload then have lunch. There is a block of 10 rooms available at the Days Inn
with the Colorado Pilots Association rate of $109.25+tax - details below.
11:30 Post Lunch: Stretch your bones!
Following lunch there are 3 options: your choice
1) Soak your bones - depart for the hot springs then return to dig for bones
2) Fish for a bit then dig the Dinos or Soak your bones
3) Dig for Dinos then soak your bones
4:30 – Reconvene at the Days Inn
5:30 – Happy hour (venue TBD)
7:00 – 8:30 Dinner: One Eyed Buffalo
Sunday May 19 – 11:00 a.m.
7:00 – 8:30 – Caffeinate your bones and pack (coffee, checkout and load ground vehicles)
8:30 – 9:30 – Feed your bones – Breakfast – Thermopolis Cafe
10:00 – Group picture and departure
Registration & Cost:
- Register: Please use the online registration process, and download the registration PDF, print it out to mail in with $20 (per plane) for ground transportation
- Lodging: Call the Days Inn (307-864-3131) and let them know you are with the Colorado Pilots Association (Group #357-926610).
- We have a rate of $109.25
- Reservations need to be made by May 8th
- Reservations may be cancelled prior to 4:00 PM on the 18th for a full refund