The event is asplash-inBBQ picnic and BINGO/Accuracy Contestand is open to all.
This year we will have a BINGO contest. The "bombs" are tennis balls. Winners of the contests will receive a $100 prize. All aircraft may participate (seaplanes and landplanes). Participating pilots must be briefed and acknowledge the contest rules. Anyone, pilot or spectator, is eligible to play.
The BINGO Contesttennis balls are available for a donation of $5 each, with a minimum donation of $20 per contestant. The contestant will select a pilot to drop the balls. The contestant may fly along with the pilot only at the pilot's sole discretion. A floating "Bingo Card" will be placed off-shore. The pilot will drop 1 or more tennis balls per pass until the first winning combination is achieved or there are no more balls. The contestant that achieves a winning combination (5-in-a-row, or 4-corners) wins $100. There will be only one winner and if no winning combination is achieved, there will be a one-ball "fly-off" with the winner being closest to the "N" 3 square (ie, center of the Bingo Card).
If you are planning to attend and will be flying into 4V0, we have arranged ground transportation.
Pilots participating in the CONTEST, please respond by July 10, with your aircraft number. Required information will be sent to you.
Kenney Reservoir (13R):
1) Prior to landing at Kenney Reservoir, land at Rangely (4V0) for an invasive species inspection. The inspection is free and usually take just a few minutes. Help us protect Colorado's waterways. Inspection station will open, July 17th, 8am to 10am.
2) Monitor 4V0/13R CTAF 122.8. Announce your position while operating in the vicinity of 13R. CAUTION: High terrain all quadrants and 4V0 3 NM SE.
3) A ground observer will have a base station (122.8) and will announce observed wind and unsafe conditions. CHECK YOUR GEAR!
4) You are encouraged to provide rides; however, if you do so, it is at your own discretion and risk.
5) As part of our efforts to promote seaplanes, we will be conducting a traffic count. Help us by tracking and reporting the number of takeoffs, landings, and low approaches that you performed while at Kenney Reservoir.
6) BE SAFE....HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions, please call me at 303-710-2497.
This is what a splash-in is...Fun For All! Return to the Water and Get Your Feet Wet!